I recently had the opportunity to watch Oprah interview Sean Penn about his organization JP/HRO, a Humanitarian Relief Organization he started after the Haiti earthquake.
Sean Penn flew to Haiti with a plane full of medicine and doctors a week after the earthquake, expecting to stay two weeks. He has now been working and living in Haiti just over two years. When I watched him speak of the work he is doing and the organization he created I was amazed and touched. He is doing work that is so significant to the country of Haiti and to the Haitian people. It is truly a blessing.
Things J/P HRO has accomplished in the last two years, according to their official website.
* Two medical clinics that treat approximately 2,000 people a week without having to collect fees.
* 1,000 + babies safely delivered with zero maternal mortalities.
* Delivered over 100 metric tons of Cholera treatment supplies to clinics throughout Haiti as well as educating adults about Cholera.
* Opened a Haitian run School that provides a free education for 460 students.
* Distributed 12,500 tents to families throughout Haiti.
* Distributed water filters and buckets enough to ensure that 10,000 people in Haiti have safe drinking water.
There is so much more that Sean Penn and J/P HRO have done throughout Haiti. This man’s contribution is life changing to the people and country of Haiti.
Photo Credit Danboarder Flickr