I’ve lived in Hungary one year and two months; in that time I have come to love many things about Hungary. Here are my top ten favorite things about Hungary.
1. The people in Hungary are very friendly, helpful and kind to me.
2. Running a close second are the beautiful sights of Budapest; especially the historic and ornate bridges, Buda Castle and Parliament. They are beautiful visual reminders that I live in Hungary.
3. The Hungarian festivals that allow me to see more of the local Hungarian culture.
4. I love that Budapest is filled with beautiful architecture.
5. Hungary offers excellent cold fruit soups and delicious fresh picked plums.
6. I love that Hungarians welcome my dog Tanner within Budapest and when we travel.
7. Hungary has excellent, well marked highways.
8. Budapest has beautiful homes for rent with many amenities; think steam showers, in home saunas, dishwashers, American style kitchens.
9. Hungary and Europe offer amazing travel opportunities.
10. Budapest offers an excellent expat community.
These are my top ten favorite things about life in Hungary. Check back for more insights into life in Hungarian culture and life in Europe.