This article was written by Reba Jean Cain, you find more from Reba on her website; Rebajeancain.com
Are you interested in learning how to work with Feng Shui in your home?
If so, a good place to start is with your front door. In this post, you will learn how to assess the Feng Shui of your front door, then apply Feng Shui cures to correct any problems you discover.
Your Front Door
Your front door is one of the most important parts of your home from a Feng Shui perspective. It is your connection to the chi (life force energy), which ultimately is responsible for creating all the good things in your life – love, career success, money, health, etc
Considering how important it is, you may want to use the following Assessment to determine if your front entrance needs some Feng Shui help. The front door and entrance area should be clean, well lighted, welcoming and visible from the street.
1. Does your door have a good coat of paint? Is it free of dog or cat scratches? – The physical condition of the door makes an instant first impression on visitors. A shabby front door blocks chi from coming into the house, which does not support success, health and happiness. Apply a fresh coat of paint if your front door looks shabby.
2. Are there dead plants, leaves, overhanging bushes or empty flower pots at your front entrance? If so, clear the dead vegetation and clutter and add seasonal pots of plants to keep the energy fresh and energized all year long. Geraniums in the summer are especially good as they are red and call in chi.
3. Is there a welcome mat or welcome plaque that creates an inviting feeling? If not, add a mat that causes you to feel happy and uplifted. Round or oval shapes are good to off set the yang angles at the front of most homes. Also try to include all the five elements –wood, fire, earth, metal and water – in the design of the welcome mat.
4. Do you have a long straight side walk that leads to your front door? If so, this creates a poison arrow aimed right at your front door. An excellent way to cure this problem is to add plants in a staggered fashion on both sides of the walk to create a curved effect.
5. Is the doorknob loose and wobbly or does the door stick? Loose doorknobs make it hard for the home’s occupants to get a handle on their lives. Stuck doors, especially the front door, are usually a reflection that areas of your life are stuck. Purchase new doornobs if needed and realign the front door so it does not stick. This often is not simple to accomplish. However it is crucial to fix a front door that sticks and will be well worth it for the shift that will occur in your life.
If your front door is not in excellent shape according to this assessment, adjusting its Feng Shui will support you in creating more success, health and abundance in your life.
Photo Credits: Flickr szczel and Michaels_Photos